Monday, March 22, 2010

Valmiki


all is still

no sound

except..that of a

brook

flowing

nearby

dense trees

all around

sound of

crunching leaves

beneath

running feet

we head

to the distance

through shrubs

n overhanging
creepers

towards..the
sound

a dwelling place

a doorway

but no door

a man

addressing..some
one

whose back is

turned away

a lady

busy cooking

for the day





n I said

we hear him say

I said

I do

it for you

I know

I am right

am I not

dear wife?

still..I wonder

why they

sent me here!

I just

DON’T KNOW

i hear him say

when

Father interrupts

turns to me

speaks..And

You know

what happens

thereafter

i stare

at a familiar

face

inside that place

hard..to pull

eyes away

come..time

to board

our time machine

Father speaks

i obey





No comments: