Wednesday, June 16, 2010

TRAIN






as Mother

and the figure

walk ahead..

i trail

behind

parting gently

the creepers

and leaves..

i turn

to wave

the train..

goodbye








then..i hear

the voice..

i look around

cant see

a thing..

and then

ears focus

it seems

to come

from within

me..








hey..look

it speaks

look at that

figure..

hijacking

your mother..

look how

she explains

in detail

to it..

while for

you

it was

always

the stick..

just command

and i

shall obey..

if you wish..

for this

i shall make

it pay!







what..i hear

me whisper

in shock

i stumble

in piercing pain..

wondering

what..was

that again??







then i hear

me address

the unseen one..

come..i hear

come my friend

please..

show yourself









from where

i know not

comes the smoke..

like a shadow

emerging

from thick fog..

appears..

an eye..

a huge eye..

and then

a long

train..

a huge train









who..what

are you?

i hear

me murmur

voice suddenly

cant utter

clear words









i

am thakshaka

it hisses..

and i hear

another sound

a tapping..

that slowly

seems to grow

loud..









thakshaka..who

i hear

me ask..









the deeper

mind..

it hisses

back







then..why

are

you here

..?

in shock..aloud

i wonder








i am

your mind

now

it quickly

replies

i will

do your bidding

master..

with closed

eyes









thakshaka..

i hear me say

slowly

to myself..

suddenly..nothing

seems to stay

inside..

all thoughts..

all processing

seems to be

happening here

where eye can see..

thakshaka..i hear

my voice whisper..

still trying

to comprehend

to take it

all in..

but no place

to take it to..

eye studies

the huge coil

the huge snake..

dark..like

the deepest night..

reminding me

aloud

of that day..

when i lay

and wept

with not a soul

around..

when i lay

and wept..

on a holy ground..











thakshaka..

i hear

me whisper..

thakshaka..

what..was

your role

before you became

my mind

..?

i ask it now

as

i see me

reflected

in its unseeing eye..

staring..waiting for

the snake

to reply










my role

is to release

with a gentle

kiss..

in one

shocked ear

i hear

it hiss








what..does

that mean

..?

afraid..

i ask

it answers








my role

is

of a doctor..

to treat

poison..

with a more

potent one..








great..but wait

i shudder

soon after..

what is

this

poison..

and

what

is the other

..?






poison..

is a

mind

scheduled

to step off

this train..

to which

in time i give

a drop

of

its potent form..









so you kiss

everything

..?

i hear me ask

i feel knees sink

to the earth..

i see

me sit

with chin

in my palm








no..it sighs

not everything

it replies

only those

for whom

this journey

ends..

for those

who wish

for one

final journey

to my king








please explain..

i ask

in sudden fear..

without a single

container

to store

its answer

how is your king

thakshaka..

is he bigger

than you

..?

i hear me ask

suddenly for me

everything

seems new









no one

can see

my king

my king

sees

no one

soft as a breeze

thakshaka replies










oh..i hear

wide eyed

i ponder..

Why? thakshaka

have you come

to me

..?

did..

my mind wish

to meet

your king...

the voice

wonders gently..

perplexed










well..what

is your

greatest fear

..?

the snake hisses

close to

the ear









deep dark

where

eye

cant see

voice shudders

the answer

promptly













great..that

is why..

the giant replies

all this life

your mind

in fear

trying to avoid

that very night

going round and round

ended up making

its centre

that very thing

it feared..

and now

as you see

as per destiny

it is time

for it

to meet

my king









form shudders

as eye goes over

the gigantic reptile

the dark

towering beast

that ate up

my mind..








No comments: