Friday, June 25, 2010

Kingdom



rice in bowl

She feeds

me gently

alert..ensuring

Her kid

does not

suffer

the pangs

of hunger

















far below

on the table top

around which

we sit..

the big

ant

feeds

her little one..

from the rice

grains

fallen from

the baby’s bowl..

the rice

meant

for them














She feeds

Her baby well..

wipes its lips..

and leaves

the table..

returns

with a mop..

with a quick swipe

She wipes

the big ant

away..

leaving

the little one

and

a lone grain

in Her haste
















i see

me run

from corner

to corner..

of the table..

Mother..

Mother..




















She wipes

my lips..

She wipes

my world..

from where

i stand

on Her

massive table

lost

i look up

at me

playing

in Her arms


















as i slowly

clamber

down

my playground..

i see..

the rains

outside..

i wonder

at them..

are they

tears

of happiness

..?

or

the only thing

i have

not lost

yet










No comments: