Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Snake







as i turn

a bend

i hear

the voice

of my friend..



















eye responds..

take care..

my dear..

i hear

the misty eye

whisper

























but thakshaka

it seems

is

addressing

my master..

as the distance

increases between

us

i hear

thakshaka speak..






oru kochhinde


katha


keto..


rajaave…?


jeevitham undu


pakshe..


ayush ilya

























feet strain

to run

away..

away from

their

private conversation..

but the wind carries

to unwilling ears..

the voice

of my master..

as it speaks

to my friend..





oru


kochhinde


katha arrinjo


suhoorthe…?


ayush undu


pakshe…..


jeevitham ilya


























form

is running now..

running

away from the voice

away from the wind

but now

the entire forest

is echoing

the song..

in

a

trembling voice….

my master’s voice…



















kurrai



irikku...



kannaa…



kure………



irikku kanna……


















form drops

to its knees

in shock

eye sees..

flowing before it

the river..

from the dream..

in deep

heaves

quietly..

the river

sobs










No comments: