Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thakshaka






we stare

both..

at who..

we don’t know

trying to put off

the moment

when words

will have to be

summoned

yet again..

to pacify

the unending questions

drenching us

like endless rain










thakshaka nods

in strange understanding..

speaks first..

why..

do you not

wish to meet

my king

..?











of all answers

this is one..

comes the swift

response..

mind is

in me

and if

you wish

to take

mind with you

then i

must follow too..

but that

i cannot do

as

mind and me

are separate

entities..












oh..if that be

your clarity

please listen

to mine..

i will not pester

you master..

but if i

cannot execute

the task at hand

neither can i

be left behind..

my condition..

please listen..

please accept me

as

your mind…











again..

the silence deepens

the darkness

deepens..

thakshaka..

my dear friend..

i am not even

the size of

your little fang..

i may not

be able to give

the kind of comfort

you receive

from your king..

the world i live in

may not

interest you

a bit..

nothing to gain..

grief and pain..

i may not be able

to entertain

a guest such as

you..

i hear the reply

head bowed..

i hear me sigh..











but yet

dear one

unexpectedly

you have come..

it may not

be for long..

but please stay

till the end..

only if you

disown me as master

and accept me

as friend












eyes shut..

a little hand

outstretched

with bated breath

i wait









No comments: