Monday, July 05, 2010

Vadakku









thakshaka..

dear friend..

tell me

whatever is

the story

..

but wait..

eye spots

a nearby branch..

hands reach out

pulling form

up

fast..

running

on the branch

so big..

voice calls out

to my friend..

hey..help

me reach

the ground

dear one..

it calls..

the dear one

promptly

places its hood

allowing me

to clamber

on top

of it..

zoom….

i slide

down the curls

and twirls..

haha..

we laugh

plop..

i land

on the soft

wet mud

beneath




























laughing..

and running

hands reach

for the branch

again..

as i clamber

up

this time..

thakshaka

is up

to the little

game..

come you

little winch..

come..

i’ll teach you

how really

to swing..





























little feet and hands

clamber onto

thakshaka

again..

zoom….

i slide…

the curves

and bends

sending me

swirling

around..

whoosh…

plop..

i land

and skid..

through

the slippery slush..

eye looks

to see..

my friend

all curled up

shaking

with laughter

at

a soiled kid..








































dripping again

i run

up to my

friend..

landing neatly

in a cushioned coil..

it lifts

me gently..

swinging around

while

we play

with the

leaves

as they

pass us by..

hands try

to reach

for a branch

for a fruit

for my friend..

the branch stoops

low..

gently letting go

of one

that lands

neatly

in the palm..






































swinging and

playing

we laugh

in the rain..

oh rain..

oh rain..

please forgive

my friend..











No comments: